Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Winter or Spring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ5DOWPGxwg
Oh my gosh, what is going on!!
Home Alone's Macaulay Culkin age, net worth and what he's doing ...
Not that I don't mind snow (see blog from the 2nd week of the Coronavirus Break 2020 when I was able to go sledding in the pre-dawn hours) but c'mon, April 15 - tax day (and birthday to sister-in-law Kath...Happy Birthday!!?  Mother Nature is playing a cruel trick on us or she's just testing our ability to stay positive and endure through hardship...yep, that's how we'll approach this!!  I was hoping by now we'd be able to get out to Huizenga Park and the new pickleball courts...great game for all ages and athletic abilities...the great equalizer...
Thank goodness we've been able to find some easy activities to keep the kids (that includes Shawna and me) having fun.  Again, for any hoopers, a simple piece of cardboard and clothes hanger have been a life saver...KJ even got in on the action yesterday as she wanted a hoop of her own...music to a dad/basketball coaches ears!!...
He can already jump higher than his dad could!!...I justified my inability to dunk with the fact that a 3 pointer is worth more than a dunk and takes less energy to make...so he then did this to show me he can do both...
Sorry if these are getting redundant, a bit, but isn't the saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it?"  I'm sticking to it...we've got a loose routine that we've established with activities and it's worked for us so we're going to keep having fun doing what we do...and that involved some more TikTok from last night...yes, we may be behind in this fad but we don't care...I've never been a trend-setter (I think I get that from my dad...and I'm good with that)...
Just for a little humor, but still, I have yet to see any toilet paper on shelves in stores and so we've implemented a 1x/day rule with sitting down to relieve ourselves at home (just kidding) but looking back on my past, man, for all those nights I may or may not have been involved in placing toilet paper in peoples trees to help them decorate their yards, I wish I would have had some foresight and saved some of those rolls.  So, it gave me a great chuckle when the other day I was helping KJ with a BM and found that she decided to do this...great timing girlfriend...
She just gave me one of these smiles and new her pops couldn't get mad at her (and I didn't, obviously...).  I remember when she was born out in Philly and everyone was telling me that I would treat her like my princess as Chad and I always have always accused our dad of treating Bethany (still today...I would list examples but I have a 2pm Zoom meeting and would still be typing).  I told myself no way...
Instead of a Louis Vatton purse, she's only getting a Klara
Instead of a lamborghini, she's only getting a corvette.
Instead of a senior trip on a cruise to Greece, we're only going to the Bahamas.
See, I'm not going to give her any preferential treatment over the boys.  I'm holding myself to that and please feel free to call me out on any of that if you ever see me deviating.
 So, keep on keeping on.  If you do need something to do today and have a few free minutes to do some reading, "The Veldt" by Ray Bradbury...
https://www.juhsd.net/cms/lib/CA01902464/Centricity/Domain/256/2016_The%20Veldt.pdf
Short story that has some great connections to technology and has some eerie connections to current times and how society today has been impacted by technology or can be if it's not handled the right way.
ENJOY the day!
Choosing Joy from Valley Dr.

-Jeff/JC/Duffer/Coach/Mr. C

No comments:

Post a Comment